Friday, October 19, 2007

5 Things

The lovely, precious, beautiful Christina tagged me with a meme. It doesn't have a name (that I know of), so I'm calling it "5 Things".

What were you doing ten years ago?
1) Working
2) Living on my own
3) Pursuing a dead end relationship
4) Wondering what was wrong with me
5) Dancing the Macarena

What were you doing one year ago?
1) Being a mom
2) Developing an appreciation for bleach pens
3) Loading my iPod
4) Yardwork
5) Wasting time

Five snacks you enjoy:
1) Popcorn
2) Wheat Thins
3) Lunchables
4) Cheese and grapes
5) Beef jerkey and buttermilk (don't knock it 'til you've tried it)

Five Songs you know the lyrics to:
1) "White and Nerdy" by Weird Al Yankovic
2) "Roscoe" by Midlake
3) "Everything I've Got in My Pocket" by Minnie Driver
4) "It Had to Be You" by Frank Sinatra
5) "If I Had a Million Dollars" by Barenaked Ladies

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1) Travel
2) Buy a new house
3) Buy a new car
4) Shop
5) Set up a trust fund for my son

Five bad habits:
1) Picking at zits (they drive me crazy!)
2) Leaving my hubby with no toilet paper
3) Cracking my knuckles
4) Being passive-aggressive
5) Checking my e-mail a hundred times a day

Five things you like to do:
1) Spend time with my family
2) Sleep
3) Eat
4) Blog
5) Laugh

Five things you will never wear again:
1) Gauchos
2) A bikini
3) Scrunchies
4) Jellies
5) Leggings with heel straps

Five favorite toys:
1) My computer
2) My iPod
3) My other iPod
4) My digital camera
5) My scanner

Five things you hate to do:
1) Housework
2) Yardwork
3) Homework
4) Busywork
5) Any work

Okay, so I guess it is my turn to tag someone. Since this is a meme of 5 Things, I think I'll tag five people whose Buzz names start with 'M':
1) Mommin' It Up
2) Marianne
3) Momo Fali
4) Misssy M
5) Monkeys and Marbles

14 comments:

Rimarama said...

Ohmahgah, I'm sitting here reading this in my leggings with heel straps, jellies, and a hair scrunchie! Why didn't anyone tell me the 80s are over?

Marianne Arkins said...

LOL... loving some of these answers. And, oh my, leggings with strap heels! And I remember wearing pumps with lacy turn-down socks, too (ala "Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top). The memories...

Will do this on my blog tomorrow. Yay! Now I don't have to think about what to blog.

dawn224 said...

"Leaving my hubby with no toilet paper" snicker.

Sheila said...

Ahh, you did the Macarena and you're admitting it? Brave Woman!

christina said...

I leave hubby without toilet paper too. But I just laugh to myself as I pretend not to hear his yells while trapped on the commode...

R said...

I will never wear a bikini again either. I wore one when I was fifteen I think and was embarrassed the whole time. I was an idiot!!! Now that I have had three children I wish I had that stomach again! Good grief!

Leggings with heel straps...lol!!

I had purple jellies. Played dodgeball in them. They FLEW off my feet and I was the laughingstock of the game....

Jennifer said...

Gauchos? Never again? Are you sure? ;-)

Lisa said...

Don't give up on the bikini!!

christina said...

jennifer- oh, we're sure.

Emma Sometimes said...

NO, don't knock the stirrup pants! Oh, I forgot, you wear Hammerpants now.

Avery Gray said...

Rimarama--you pull it off! No, really, you do!

Marianne--wasn't that a sexy look back then? What happened?

Dawn224--my hubby doesn't find it so funny. ;o)

Sheila--not only did I dance the Macarena, I owned it! Hey, Macarena!

Christina--they sound so helpless, don't they?

R--you understand me perfectly!

Jennifer--not in this lifetime, my friend!

Lisa--I didn't give up on the bikini. It gave up on me. :o(

Emma--my mom still mourns the fact that she can't readily find stirrup pants anymore. I don't share her pain. Besides, Hammerpants allow me the freedom of movement I quite enjoy while doing the Running Man or the Cabbage Patch. Com-fy!!

christina said...

they are called parachute pants!!! ANNNNNNNND... my mantra is if it looked cute CUTE on AC slater it will look cute on anyone. lol.

cate said...

great answers! seems we're a lot alike! now i'm gonna have to work harder to not have the same answers as you!

thanks for the tag...i'll try to do it tomorrow!

piper of love said...

AWESOME!