Monday, October 1, 2007

The best laid plans...

I should have known this would happen. After all, I spent my whole weekend on the computer, starting this blog and organizing my files. It stands to reason, the day I actually plan to accomplish something that doesn't involve sitting on my ass and pretending to be someone cooler than I am, fate would have something else in mind. And if a sick four-year-old ain't enough to put a kink in the best laid plans, I don't know what is.

Meet Mr. Sicky:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Some of you might know him as the Squirrel Kicker. To the others...well, yes, he kicked a squirrel. But it was one squirrel. Get over it.

What? Like you've never kicked a squirrel before?

Anyhow, my point was that I won't be getting anything done today. And how that is different than any other day, I couldn't tell you. Except maybe today I have an excuse. He's sick. He needs me.

I should've just stayed in bed.

(Look, he didn't hurt the squirrel. Just let it go. Or click here for the whole story.)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

How do you know he didn't hurt the poor wittle squirl? I admit, the kid is cute, but to kick a squirl? Why would you let him do that? Can't you buy the boy some toys to play with? Like trains, or a pool, or one of those neat motorized car things? Geeze, letting him go around and kick poor innocent squirls....


you wanted me to leave a cheeky comment. Admit it.

Dedee said...

Umm. . .I missed the story. Would you mind elucidating me?

Dedee said...

P.S. I love the way your background looks.

Avery Gray said...

I'll be posting the whole sordid affair in today's post. Stay tuned!