Saturday, October 27, 2007

Catching Up

Thanks, everyone, for all the well-wishes for my hubby's goods. He's doing just fine--resting right now in bed with the requisite bag of frozen peas on his crotch. What a trooper!

I told you I would post about the procedure. Well, there's really not much to say about that. He was in and out in about 20 minutes, walked out of it without even a limp. With all the whining he'd done beforehand, he was surprisingly spry and chipper on the walk back to the car. Of course, he was hopped up on Valium and Diet Coke Plus. (They put crack in that, you know. That's what the "Plus" is.)

But I think the most memorable part of the whole experience actually took place on the ride to the doctor's office. On the last leg of our journey, what song should come on the radio? "The Final Countdown" by Europe.



Classic!

So, yes, my husband's balls were cut off. Figuratively, of course. And so far so good. But I'll be sure to post if they turn purple and fall off or anything. Now that would be great blog fodder!

****

Alright, I am getting terribly far behind on memes. I was tagged by Candace, Jo, and Piper (wenches!) for three completely different ones. So, tomorrow, it's

MemeFest 2007!!!

(Does saying like that make it more appealing? No? Well, what if I promised to take a meme hiatus thru the end of the year? Better, right?)

MemeFest, it is.

****

Did I mention my husband is bound and determined to kill our child in the guise of quality father/son time? Who thinks this looks like a good idea?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


There's my son, poised at the top of our driveway in a box with wheels. Hubby says it'll prepare him for all the future soap box derbies they're sure to be involved in. My question is, don't those derby cars HAVE STEERING? And...oh, I don't know, BRAKES?

Semantics, I suppose. Here's an action shot of the little daredevil.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Boys!

15 comments:

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi avery:
thanks for making my day with the sweet praise you sent my way this day. i did a meme today, too. come and see. it is fun. it is a nickname meme and nope, i did not tag you. just have fun reading it. congrats on your hubby's successful surgery. cheers, kathleen :)

Ba Doozer said...

haha...I made my husband get snipped after one kid also...but now he is my ex, sorry bout that dude!!

I like the box idea, that looks like something I would be paying my son a dollar to do. I was just thinking last night how one of the best things about having a kid is they will pretty much do anything for a buck and believe me, there are plenty of things I"m too old or embarrassed to do so it works out well

Shannon aka loveyh said...

I was going to cal you yesterday---but I figured you were out doing laundry. Glad to hear the surgery went well, and I'll talk to you soon!

I think I'm going to buy your hubby a squirrel...they protect and help nuts. HA!

Avery Gray said...

Kathleen--thanks! I'll check it out!

Doozer--that's what I call poetic justice! But I've found that my son is much cheaper than that. He doesn't even ask for a dollar--YET!

Shannon--squirrels eat nuts, my dear. They don't help them. They help themselves TO them. Dur!

Mya said...

I really hope his plums don't turn purple and drop off - that would be most unfortunate. And extremely unlikely, so don't worry. The Final Countdown! That's classic. Hope he's feeling better and up to it again soon!

Mya x

Mert said...

I'm glad to hear that the husband's junk is OK. ;)

I love the pictures! Why is it that men tend to think in terms of danger? Only a little dangerous is still dangerous! LOL!

newnorth said...

love the action shot :)

Allison said...

hey, at least the kid's got a helmet on. maybe it's a good thing your man got his junk "fixed"? thanks for the comment, i'm still trying to figure out the thirty days worth of posting too..

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi avery:
what's the 30 days of posting all about? enlighten me girl? it has been funny to see such a response from what you posted about in this this post. cheers, kathleen :)

Emma Sometimes said...

So did he take his bucket off any sweet jumps?

Hey, did you know there is a lady with an 'If You Deceive' boob in your side bar? Have you read Mr. Darcy takes a wife. I own that even though I'm not really into bodice rippers. If you haven't read it/own it, I'll be glad to send it your way.?? just say the word.

Avery Gray said...

Mya--he will appreciate the warm wishes for his gonads!

Mert--thanks! And, yes, he's a moron.

NN--thanks!

Allison--glad you stopped by! (And I happen to think it was a very good thing he got his junk fixed!) ;o)

Kathleen--I left a message on your Buzz page. ;o)

Emma--Oh, yeah. He takes it off sweet jumps, all right. And, yes, I have read "Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife", but I haven't read the follow-up. If you have the next one, I'd totally take it off your hands for a short (longish probably) length of time. ;o) Thanks for the offer!

Dapoppins said...

As long as Super Dad doesn't decide to pull the daring boy behind his truck on an icy day....which might require you to chase super Dad down and see how much crack is in his system and then pummel him over the head with a tire iron....or something like that.

Avery Gray said...

Dapo--wasn't that a sad story?! It would kill me if my husband caused my son's death. I feel so bad for that girl's mom. :o(

Blondie said...

And how did the derby end? With a big crash and tons of giggles (after the stunned faces, of course).

Men are huge babies. My husband milked out the "procedure" for as long as I allowed him to get away with it. Sheesh!

Joeprah said...

Nobody is cuttin my junk off. I mean lets say there is this nuclear war or some other catastrophe and I am the last guy alive...I may have to repopulate the world. That's a lot of pressure and it is hard to dismiss that as an impossible reality. I need to be ready, and I hate needles and doctors and hospitals among other things.