Friday, October 5, 2007

Chunky highlights

Well, it's Friday, and thank goodness it is. It's been a long week, but not all of it bad. (Well, for squirrels, yes, but for us...) So, for the benefit of my loyal readers (all 2.1 of you), here's some of the highlights:

Wednesday I got my oil changed. Good times. Used that opportunity to finish a grocery list, and--oh, yeah--talk weather with only the most amazing long lost music superstar who ever lived.

Who, you might ask? Does the name Joyce mean anything to you?

No? Uh, hello?! Let me refresh your collective memories.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yeah, now you remember. Joyce. The one from that despicable list which doesn't even bear mentioning. So I won't. I will merely provide the link.

Come to think of it, it might not have been her.

Anyhow, moving on...

Yesterday I spent an enjoyable time with my phonetically-challenged friend, Shannon. Whilst our children bashed each other over the heads with assorted toys and sharp objects, we retreated into the safety of her office and amused ourselves thusly:
Shannon--Did you read my blog?
Me--Yeah. It was funny. You know what's not funny?
Shannon--What?
Me--Syphilis.

Yes, good times abound.

So, that brings us to last night, when I made a delicious chicken dinner using Nantucket Off-Shore St. Remy Rub:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(Pick some up today!)

And Ethan played a fun new game called "Mommy hit a squirrel with the car."
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yes, this week has been a cavalcade of grand adventures! Thanks for tuning in...

15 comments:

Radioactive Jam said...

Wow. Fifty dollars for that album? What a bargain.

Avery Gray said...

That's fifty cents, my friend. My, how the mighty have fallen!

Dapoppins said...

I am confused. You did what to the squirrel?

Avery Gray said...

Uh, nothing. Not a thing. Why do you ask?

wornoutwoman said...

:O Oh I love your blog! Love the pic of mommy hit a squirrel game! Hilarious!

Rebecca said...

ooh - that rub looks great - I doubt that I can buy it in Australia though. :(

loveyh aka Shannon said...

This is funny. You know what's not funny? Yep. Syphillis.

Thankfully, you CAN pronouce syphillis. Too bad your hubby can't pronounce clematis.

Oh, and if you ever needed proof that your son has some of your genetic makeup, despite looking a lot like your husband, refer to the squirrel pic!

christina said...

Syphillis, isn't funny.. but it's fun to say!

Avery Gray said...

Well, syphilis might be fun in the later stages. Like, when you've lost your mind. That could be fun.

Sometimes Emma said...

Joyce scares me.

I like how the record is only .50, now that is a bargain.

Sometimes Emma said...

Oh, and it helps to read everyone elses comments before I say the same thing.

Fun? As long as syphilis doesn't make me look like Joyce, it could be fun.

wessexcathedral@gmail.com said...

Poor Joyce. She was so fugly. Hopefully she doesn't look like that anymore if she is still alive. Wonder if she is any good? Could anything good possibly come from that album? Now THAT is the question.

Avery Gray said...

How could it NOT? Bad cover=Rockin' tracks. Everyone knows that!

Erin said...

You are hilarious and I think I'm going to be your friend : ) I like your sense of humor. A lot.

Avery Gray said...

Oh, thank you so much, Erin! How sweet!