It's what you've all been waiting for! Three memes, one post!! How do I do it?
Well, you'll probably wish I hadn't when I'm done. (Do you realize I have to tag 17 people for these? That's right. 17. Duck and cover, but it ain't gonna help!)
Alright, let's kick things off with the meme Candace so kindly tagged me with last week. It doesn't have a name (that I know of), so I'm calling it '4 Things':
4 jobs I’ve had:
1) Night shift manager at fast food restaurant
2) Customer service supervisor at an office supply store
3) Team lead at a semiconductor manufacturing plant
4) Domestic engineer at Gray, Inc.
4 movies I love to watch over and over:
1) Pride and Prejudice (with Colin Firth)
2) Office Space
4 places I have lived:
4 TV shows I enjoy watching:
1) The Office
2) The Colbert Report
3) 30 Rock
4) Best Week Ever
4 Places I have been:
1) Lake Tahoe, Nevada
2) Victoria, British Columbia
3) Tokyo, Japan
4) Seattle, Washington
4 websites I visit daily:
2) This one
3) My crit group
4) Google reader
4 favorite foods:
1) Swedish meatballs
2) Pad Thai
4 places I would rather be:
1) Parrot Cay, Bahamas
2) New York City
3) Stonehenge, England
4) Rosslyn Chapel, Scotland
4 people I am tagging:
Well, that wasn't too bad. Here's the one Jo so kindly bestowed on me.
The rules are:
Answer the questions as realistically or unrealistically as you want.
Copy the rules into your meme post.
Link back to the person who tagged you.
Tag 5 others
1. Where would you live?
I'd probably stay in the Pacific Northwest and have several secondary residences all over the world.
2. What would your job be (or if unrealistic) what would you do all day?
Job? What's that? I'd spend my days being pampered head to toe, shopping, paying monkeys to write my blog.
3. Who would you spend your time with? Doing what?
I'd spend my time with my family and my friends. And maybe Ben Stiller, but only if he's doing a David Blaine impersonation. "I call it 'Snakes on a Blaine.'" Oh yeah!
4. What kind of holidays/vacations would you take?
Any kind I wanted! I'm filthy rich!
5. What luxury items would you own?
Maybe a better question would be what kind of luxury items wouldn't I own. Because I'd have 'em all. Everything in the Sharper Image catalog, no matter how asinine, would be mine! All mine!!
6. What charities would you support or represent?
I'd build the Trump Tower of all homeless shelters in every major metropolitan area. And then hire the inhabitants to comment on blogs everywhere. (I'm so giving.)
And I'm tagging:
Finally, Piper pegged me with the Mack Daddy of them all. I'm calling it '8 Things':
8 things I’m passionate about:
8 things I want to do before I die:
1) Write a novel
2) Raise a good man
3) Hold a grandchild (preferably one of my own)
4) Take up Bingo
7) Replenish my wardrobe with sequined appliqué sweaters and elastic waist pants
8) Write a ton more novels
8 things I say often:
1) Curses! Foiled again.
3) Know what’s not funny? Syphilis.
4) For the love…
5) How was your day, dear?
6) What do you want?
7) That’s how I roll.
8) Yah, you betcha.
8 books I’ve read recently:
1) “Flowers from the Storm” by Laura Kinsale
2) “How Murray Saved Christmas” by Mike Reiss
3) “Outlander” by Diana Gabaldon
4) “Chowder” by Peter Brown
5) “Lily” by Patricia Gaffney
6) “The Perfect Rake” by Anne Gracie
7) “Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type” by Doreen Cronin
8) “No Rest for the Wicked” by Kresley Cole
8 songs that I could listen to over and over:
1) “Africa” by Toto
2) “Sweet Dreams” by the Eurhythmics
3) “Waiting for a Girl Like You” by Foreigner
4) “Puttin’ on the Ritz” by Taco
5) “Rock Me Amadeus” by Falco
6) “Devil Went Down to Georgia” by Charlie Daniels
7) “Big Bad John” by Jimmy Dean
8) “Mary, Did You Know” by Rescue
8 things that attract me to my best friend:
1) He’s smart.
2) He’s droll.
3) He loves me to no end.
4) He provides for me and my son.
5) He’s a great dad.
6) He shares my views on most issues.
7) He gets me.
8) He puts out.
8 things I’ve learned this past year:
1) Basic HTML
2) My tolerance for “Chutes and Ladders” (once a week)
3) The number of loads of laundry that pile up after two weeks (16)
4) That I can love my child even more (who’d have thought that was possible?)
5) That the Buzz is an awesome place to meet other bloggers
6) That my husband doesn’t like me to talk about his gonads
7) That an iPod is a wonderful tool for a lazy parent
8) That squirrels are taking over the world
8 people who should do this meme and not complain:
Is it done yet? Oh, thank the Lord!
Let it be known, Avery Gray is on meme hiatus until the start of 2008.