Sunday, October 28, 2007

MemeFest 2007!!!

It's what you've all been waiting for! Three memes, one post!! How do I do it?

Well, you'll probably wish I hadn't when I'm done. (Do you realize I have to tag 17 people for these? That's right. 17. Duck and cover, but it ain't gonna help!)

Alright, let's kick things off with the meme Candace so kindly tagged me with last week. It doesn't have a name (that I know of), so I'm calling it '4 Things':

4 Things

4 jobs I’ve had:
1) Night shift manager at fast food restaurant
2) Customer service supervisor at an office supply store
3) Team lead at a semiconductor manufacturing plant
4) Domestic engineer at Gray, Inc.

4 movies I love to watch over and over:
1) Pride and Prejudice (with Colin Firth)
2) Office Space
3) Emma
4) Zoolander

4 places I have lived:
1) Oregon
2) Washington
3) uh…
4) next!

4 TV shows I enjoy watching:
1) The Office
2) The Colbert Report
3) 30 Rock
4) Best Week Ever

4 Places I have been:
1) Lake Tahoe, Nevada
2) Victoria, British Columbia
3) Tokyo, Japan
4) Seattle, Washington

4 websites I visit daily:
1) Yahoo
2) This one
3) My crit group
4) Google reader

4 favorite foods:
1) Swedish meatballs
2) Pad Thai
3) Lasagna
4) Enchiladas

4 places I would rather be:
1) Parrot Cay, Bahamas
2) New York City
3) Stonehenge, England
4) Rosslyn Chapel, Scotland

4 people I am tagging:
1)Emma
2)Jodi
3)Sheila
4)MGL


Well, that wasn't too bad. Here's the one Jo so kindly bestowed on me.

Ultimate Life

The rules are:
Answer the questions as realistically or unrealistically as you want.
Copy the rules into your meme post.
Link back to the person who tagged you.
Tag 5 others

1. Where would you live?
I'd probably stay in the Pacific Northwest and have several secondary residences all over the world.

2. What would your job be (or if unrealistic) what would you do all day?
Job? What's that? I'd spend my days being pampered head to toe, shopping, paying monkeys to write my blog.

3. Who would you spend your time with? Doing what?
I'd spend my time with my family and my friends. And maybe Ben Stiller, but only if he's doing a David Blaine impersonation. "I call it 'Snakes on a Blaine.'" Oh yeah!

4. What kind of holidays/vacations would you take?
Any kind I wanted! I'm filthy rich!

5. What luxury items would you own?
Maybe a better question would be what kind of luxury items wouldn't I own. Because I'd have 'em all. Everything in the Sharper Image catalog, no matter how asinine, would be mine! All mine!!

6. What charities would you support or represent?
I'd build the Trump Tower of all homeless shelters in every major metropolitan area. And then hire the inhabitants to comment on blogs everywhere. (I'm so giving.)

And I'm tagging:
1)Mya
2)Rimarama
3)Mert
4)Ba Doozer
5)Regan



Finally, Piper pegged me with the Mack Daddy of them all. I'm calling it '8 Things':

8 Things

8 things I’m passionate about:
1) Family
2) Marriage
3) God
4) Freedom
5) Independence
6) Choice
7) Justice
8) Topiaries

8 things I want to do before I die:
1) Write a novel
2) Raise a good man
3) Hold a grandchild (preferably one of my own)
4) Take up Bingo
5) Travel
6) Garden
7) Replenish my wardrobe with sequined appliqué sweaters and elastic waist pants
8) Write a ton more novels

8 things I say often:
1) Curses! Foiled again.
2) Crap!
3) Know what’s not funny? Syphilis.
4) For the love…
5) How was your day, dear?
6) What do you want?
7) That’s how I roll.
8) Yah, you betcha.

8 books I’ve read recently:
1) “Flowers from the Storm” by Laura Kinsale
2) “How Murray Saved Christmas” by Mike Reiss
3) “Outlander” by Diana Gabaldon
4) “Chowder” by Peter Brown
5) “Lily” by Patricia Gaffney
6) “The Perfect Rake” by Anne Gracie
7) “Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type” by Doreen Cronin
8) “No Rest for the Wicked” by Kresley Cole

8 songs that I could listen to over and over:
1) “Africa” by Toto
2) “Sweet Dreams” by the Eurhythmics
3) “Waiting for a Girl Like You” by Foreigner
4) “Puttin’ on the Ritz” by Taco
5) “Rock Me Amadeus” by Falco
6) “Devil Went Down to Georgia” by Charlie Daniels
7) “Big Bad John” by Jimmy Dean
8) “Mary, Did You Know” by Rescue

8 things that attract me to my best friend:
1) He’s smart.
2) He’s droll.
3) He loves me to no end.
4) He provides for me and my son.
5) He’s a great dad.
6) He shares my views on most issues.
7) He gets me.
8) He puts out.

8 things I’ve learned this past year:
1) Basic HTML
2) My tolerance for “Chutes and Ladders” (once a week)
3) The number of loads of laundry that pile up after two weeks (16)
4) That I can love my child even more (who’d have thought that was possible?)
5) That the Buzz is an awesome place to meet other bloggers
6) That my husband doesn’t like me to talk about his gonads
7) That an iPod is a wonderful tool for a lazy parent
8) That squirrels are taking over the world

8 people who should do this meme and not complain:
1)Kathleen
2)Dan
3)Newnorth
4)Jennifer
5)R
6)Joeprah
7)Marianne
8)Erin


Is it done yet? Oh, thank the Lord!

Let it be known, Avery Gray is on meme hiatus until the start of 2008.

You're welcome.

34 comments:

Rimarama said...

You're not kidding about the memefest this week ;) I will save mine for my next episode of bloggers block (probably some time later this week).

You are a fascinating character, AG. I especially love the idea of paying people to comment on blogs. I think you really have something there.

newnorth said...

Wow, you know my name! I love the last one in the best friends section. lol

piper of love said...

ALL HAIL THE MEME QUEEN! Wow, girl, I can't believe you pulled off that meme spectacular!

You are the queen! Of everything!

Piper of Love
Bliss in Bloom

Avery Gray said...

RR--no, you're a character! And you feel free to save it for whenever you want. I ain't the meme police or nuttin'.

NN--of course, I know your name! You're my girl!

Piper--I'm pretty awesome, aren't I? ;o)

Jennifer said...

Oh geez, you got hit up hard! I'm on it as soon as I can stay out of bed for more than 10 minutes at a time. Sniff.

Dapoppins said...

Is there a reason you didn't tag me? Cause you like tagged everyone else in the world. why haven't you tagged me?

Avery Gray said...

Jennifer--do it when you can! No rush.

Dapo--I seem to recall a meme of literary characters you have yet to complete. I assumed it was because you didn't like memes. Had I known you wanted to be tagged, you would have been at the top of my list, silly girl! (And I'm still waiting for the literary character one!)

Ba Doozer said...

I'd like to thank the academy for this great honor, I will get right on it!!

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi avery:
thanks, i enjoyed this. i did my meme a little different, but i liked it. come and see my blog today for your meme-y time. nighty-night, kathleen :)

Avery Gray said...

Doozer--I'm waiting with bated breath, my dear!

Kathleen--thanks for playing!

Jill said...

You are a popular and productive lady!!

I'm impressed.

Mike said...

So, I'm reading your lists of this and that (oh, hi, by the way I'm Mike, first time reader) and I'm nodding my head saying "Yup. Yeah. Oooh, I like that too."

And then I got to "Putting on the Ritz".

Deb said...

I'm so delighted to have escaped your wrath. I'll send a check right away.

Avery Gray said...

Jill--thanks so much! I try. ;o)

Mike--you gonna tell me you were nodding your head to "replenish my wardrobe with sequined applique sweaters and elastic waist pants", but you drew the line at Taco? My friend, you rock! Come back anytime!

Avery Gray said...

Deb--just wait! 2008 will be here before you know it! Muahahahaha!!

Lilacspecs said...

So, if you feel like taggin gme with memes, a LOT please do...I need fodder for NaBloPoMo. It starts this week...aaah!

Avery Gray said...

Lilac--consider yourself tagged! I'm beginning to think maybe vowing a meme hiatus just days before NaBloPoMo might have been a mistake! (Heck, there's always Youtube, right?) ;o)

Emma Sometimes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emma Sometimes said...

I'm going to post them here. Why? Cause I'm on meme hiatus until 2012 but I will humor you because you are special like that.

4 Things

4 jobs I’ve had:
1) Chocolate factory and bakery
2) Bank Vault Teller
3) Swimsuit Model
4) Insurance Agent

4 movies I love to watch over and over:
1) Persuasion
2) Amelie
3) Tommy Boy
4) Transporter

4 places I have lived:
1) CA
2) OR
3) WA
4) CO

4 TV shows I enjoy watching:
1) Scrubs
2) House, MD
3) Grey's Anatomy
4) Rick Steve's Travel Show (PBS)

4 Places I have been:
1) London, England
2) Victoria, British Columbia
3) Dublin, Ireland
4) NY, NY

4 websites I visit daily:
1) Emma Sometimes
2) Cre8buzz
3) Click to Give for Breast Cancer Research
4) Gmail

4 favorite foods:
1) Chinese food
2) Coffee
3) Hummus
4) Chocolate

4 places I would rather be:
1) in Mr. Coffee's arms
2) England
3) Ireland
4) Scotland

Jod{i} said...

ooooooooo......She picked me!
hee hee! Gladly I will get it up on the morrow :)

R said...

I forgot to comment here---this was funny.

I hate Chutes and Ladders so much that I told my daughter that "Mommy doesn't play this game". Not only does it confuse me, it pisses me off.

So we play memory. ENDLESS MEMORY.

Mya said...

Avery,
Consider it done. By this time next year - with a following wind. No really, I'm on it.

Mya x

WorksForMom said...

Paying people to comment on blogs? Hmmmph, you MAY be onto something! :)

Whew - what an impressive meme post!

Lisa said...

Hi.. I found your blog through Newnorth's blog. And can I just say - you are freaking hilarious. :) Have a great day!

Avery Gray said...

Emma--"in Mr. Coffee's arms." Aw!

Jodi--I'll be sure to check it out!

R--Ethan's really good at memory. Me? Not so much.

Mya--do I need to come over there and whip you into shape. 'Cause I'll do it! (No, really! I need an excuse to take a vacation to the lovely French countryside!)

Worksformom--maybe I should start a business! ;o)

Lisa--thanks so much! Visit often! Bring your friends! ;o)

Shannon aka loveyh said...

Prolific much, Miss Gray?? Is the hubster embarassed that everyone is wishing his nuts well?

Sheila said...

I loved your "8 Things" answers!
Here is the link to me "4 Things" http://4mymemories2.blogspot.com/2007/10/4-things.html

Erin said...

Wow, you've been busy!! Great answers. I'll hopefully post my "8 Things" meme in the next week or so when life is less hectic...

Jennifer said...

Okay, mine's up on my buzz blog:
http://www.cre8buzz.com/profiles/987/blogs/6492

Joeprah said...

Avery,

I was the one who tagged Piper, however I will give you some much deserved link love. I was actually meaning to do so anyways. You are the one who inspired me to use the snapshots on my site.

Thanks,

Joe

PS He Puts out is a great trait & Zoolander...really?

Dapoppins said...

I am still working on the lit character one...oh the pressure. and you know. Sometimes my Parents read my blog...!

dawn224 said...

Snakes on a Blaine .. snicker

cate said...

uh....wow! how long did this post take you????

Mert said...

I loved the last meme in particular! ROFL! Even though you tagged me for the middle one, I might have to do the 8's too.