Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Own Meme

Right now, you're groaning.

Another meme? Why does she hate us so?

I don't! I love you guys! You guys are like a virtual family to me, which is why I feel that it is time for you to get to know me.

Oh, not the sunshine and rainbows and unicorns me. No, the real me. The me that wakes up in the morning with a severe case of bedhead and eyebrow-singeing halitosis. The me that feeds her kid cookies in the morning before school because she hasn't made it to the store and cookies were all she had. The me that has strong opinions and ain't afraid to share 'em.

The Controversial Me


Controversy? Now that does sound appealing. Tell me more!

Alright, I will. I have deduced that there are some views I hold that people may or may not agree with. Because I believe good, honest debate is a healthy way for individuals to come together and get to know one another, I've chosen to get the ball rolling and share 20 of my most controversial opinions. And here they are:

1) I believe Carrot Top is somewhat overrated.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2) I believe smoke detectors detect smoke far too often.
3) I believe there are times to put the cart before the horse.
4) I believe Comanches all looked like Fabio.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5) I believe tightropes should be wider so they're easier to walk on.
6) I believe blenders will someday be obsolete when every home has a robot of its own.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7) I believe "phonetics" is spelled wrong.
8) I believe "wrong" is spelled wrong, too.
9) I believe J. Anthony Holloway is kind of a funny guy.
10) I believe lint has many practical applications yet to be discovered.
11) I believe Germans love Hasselhoff.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

12) I believe Speedos are unfortunate.
13) I believe buttermilk is quite tasty.
14) I believe the time has come for clothes to be self-washing.
15) I believe sliced bread was not so much an invention as a discovery.
16) I believe the children are our future.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

17) I believe decorative shutters are pretty useless against alien invasion.
18) I believe Great Danes are just small horses.
19) I believe control-top pantyhose are uncomfortable.
20) I believe Amish people don't get out much.

So, there you have it. Wow, I feel so exposed! But this is good! This is the start of productive communication between myself and all of you out in Blogland. And I think we should keep it going. We all have opinions, right? Isn't it time you got yours off your chest? So, I'm tagging all of you to put yourselves out there. Open yourselves up! It'll feel like you're wearing nothing at all...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Nothing at all...


Nothing at all...

20 comments:

J. Anthony Holloway said...

Only 'kind of funny'? *sigh*

Christina said...

carrot top isn't "somewhat" overrated, he is COMPLETELY overrated.

Rimarama said...

David Hasselhoff - awwwwwwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!

BTW, buttermilk is a main ingredient in one of my favorite recipes (cold beet soup).

Jennifer said...

You are SO right about lint! I can't understand why more people just don't get it. :::shaking head:::

Dapoppins said...

Happy V day!

Lilacspecs said...

Carrot Top sucks...oh and hope your hubby has fun getting his boys singed shut....eeesh

cate said...

what an original meme! love it!

i'm definitely gonna do it...but i'm gonna have to think on it for a few days!

Shannon aka loveyh said...

I believe Avery had too much Motrin today. ;)

"Miss Hooper, I found a stick."
"That's your pencil, Ralph."
"And I founnnd it."

Bec said...

Have you ever traveled at the speed of lint? Seriously, you wash a pair of jeans and moment you pull it out of the dryer there's lint in the pocket! That's just how fast lint is!!

PS. what if my opinions really are too controversial?

Jod{i} said...

This is great!
You reminded me of something I had written for an essay contest....I posted!

newnorth said...

Wow, those are controversial :p
funny list, and great to read around other people (especially with the hasselhoff picture)

Mert said...

OMG, this is the best meme evah! I love it and will try to this this weekend.

BTW, When I saw that pic of The Hasselhoff... I baby barfed in my mouth a little. Unfortunate indeed.

Jo Beaufoix said...

I love this post. LoL.

Are you on facebook?
If so, find me, and I'll post you a video of the hoff singing away and at one point slapping himself with a wet fish.
It's scary.

I also agree smoke detectors detect smoke far too often.
One of ours even gets flustered when we use the toaster.
Gaaaaa

Avery Gray said...

Tony--you know you're ridiculously funny. You don't need me to tell you that! ;o)

Christina--I stand corrected. You're right, as usual!

Rimarama--not enough people truly appreciate buttermilk. It's a delectable treat!

Jennifer--it's time we educate them! Lint is the new cotton batting!

Dapo--thanks, sweetie! Will post about it tomorrow!

Avery Gray said...

Lilacspecs--yes, and yes! The boys had a good run, but it was time to cut 'em loose. ;o)

Cate--I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Shannon--yes, Motrin did factor into this list a tad. Was it that obvious? ;o) Oh, and "I sleep in a drawer!"

Bec--lint is speedy. And how can your list possibly be more controversial than this? Do you shoot endangered animals or something?! ;o)

Jodi--I'll check that out!

Newnorth--Hasselhoff is universally admired. Thanks!

Mert--I'll be looking for that! (And the Hoff sorta has that effect on me. It's strange because I'm of German descent. It's a head scratcher, for sure!)

JoBo--I'm not on Facebook, but that video sounds intriguing! Glad I'm not the only one who sets off the alarm while cooking! ;o)

Emma Sometimes said...

You are so cool. This is why I like you so much (even though you are retarded. (**see cre8buzz comments for more detail)

Heather, Queen of Shake-Shake said...

Oooooo! I think I'm going to do this Meme after a long, long Meme hiatus.

Because this one could stir the hornet's nest and it's been a while since someone road my tail in comments.

tehehe!

I'm very with you on #19. However, the weight I gained, all in the stomach region, begs for control top.

Avery Gray said...

Emma--I am retarded. And I am cool. You are right on both counts, my friend!! (And I like you more!)

Heather--oh, I will definitely be checking that out! I have a feeling your list might be a little more controversial than mine (as hard as that is to imagine!)

Mert said...

OK, mine is up!:P

meleah rebeccah said...

Came here from Cafe Leone...glad I did. Hysterical.