Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm Thankful for...Back-ups

Okay, I know I'm a little late getting my post done for today. But if I told you it was because I wrote 1500 words today, you wouldn't be mad at me, would ya?

Man, it's been so long since I've been that prolific in a single day. Too bad it wasn't for my own story. It was for the Round Robin on my crit group blog. If you've been following it, you'll be happy to know that I finished Chapter 5. If not, what's your problem? It's an awesome story. Go read it now!!

Anywho, that means I don't really have any mental capacity left for coming up with a blog post for you today. I offer my sincerest apologies. I'd love to be the kind of writer that can switch gears effortlessly from one medium to the next, but I ain't that kinda girl. You will be glad to know, though, that I'm not leaving you entirely in the lurch.

Check out this awesome old Tab commercial I saw on IzzyMom's blog.



"Be a mindsticker..."

12 comments:

Rimarama said...

Please tell me that commercial went straight to DVD.

But 1500 words, that's impressive. Woot!

holly said...

wooo hooo on the words! and i'm so glad i am not the only one that can't switch back and forth. my blog has sucked a big sucky thing since nanowrimo started. it's true. is there an award for sucking? i should so get that.

this vid was really funny. i wanna be a mindsticker now.

but the weight watcher lady says i have 20 more pounds to go (40 down!). i hate her. so much.

why am i still awake? it's 1:16 and i have work tomorrow! or *do* i? maybe i'll be *sick*.

Pixelation said...

Not only can I not switch back and forth, I can't switch on!

*WRITE?!*

*sigh*

Avery Gray said...

Rimarama--I wish! It would make a great stocking stuffer, don't you think?

Holly--40 down?! You rock! You deserve an award for rocking! Because you do. Big time! Now go to sleep, rock star!

Pixel--you can do it! I believe in you!

Jill said...

As if you haven't done enough work today-I've tagged you! (Check out my blog-it's a COMPLIMENT I know you will have some very clever answers!)

Heather, Queen of Shake-Shake said...

I'll keep my shape if he'll keep his. Put that in his little Tab.

HoodPhotography said...

I love your "thankful for" theme. Thanks for your friendship on cre8buzz!

Kimberly said...

Yay for the words! I'm neck deep in them right now...such sweet, sweet frustration.

cate said...

a mind-sticker? seriously? who were the Ad Wizards who came up with that one???

meleah rebeccah said...

very cool..as more of a 'new comer' to your blog I am not familiar with the "Round Robin on my crit group blog"...nor did I know about chapters 1-4 let alone completing chpt 5.

I guess I better get my ass over there and right quick.

suchsimplepleasures said...

tab tab cola what a beautiful treat tab tab cola for beautiful people tab you're beautiful to me...
that's the one i remember. have you tasted tab lately...they still make it, y'know. it's tastes so nasty! i can't believe i used to inhale the stuff...

Joeprah said...

Yo! Avery, you are a mindsticker. I am off to check out some heaving bosoms!