1) He got engaged to you while he was still married to another woman.
2) That was nine months ago, and you still don't have a ring.
3) He "lets" you support himself and his children (with the aforementioned woman).
4) He does this because he lost his job due to a terrible vision problem (read he couldn't see going in to work.)
5) He insists he can't get another job because no one is hiring, and he wanted to go back to school anyway.
6) He wants you to pay for school.
7) He moved you four hours away from your friends and family so he could be close to his own.
8) You both lied to the minister in pre-marital counseling to make him look better.
9) He got a credit card so he could take you out sometimes.
10) Card is now maxed, and you're the one paying the dime.
Reasons why you let him do this to you and don't think twice about it:
1) Because you LOOOOOOOOVE him.
You're an idiot.
Are you listening, friend o' mine? Not that you could be, since you don't even know about this blog, and that's probably a good thing. Because I know you're not even close to being in a place where you'd be willing to listen to anything that anyone has to say on the matter. But if you were, here's what my advice would be:
As fast as your legs can carry you. And don't look back.
Because this situation is going to end badly. It's only a matter of time before you come to resent him for being the leech that he is. And you know he is. His ex warned you about him. Of course, you called her a lying bitch, but I think in time you'll come to realize she knows him a heck of a lot better than you do. Your head is filled with stars at the moment. Stars and lots of air.
I know you don't want to take my advice. You're "finally" engaged, and that's the best thing you could have ever hoped for yourself. Which is sad, really, because it doesn't matter to you who it is you're engaged to. You just want to be married so badly, anyone will do.
What is it about marriage that makes you lose all reason? Sure, when it's with the right person, it's great. Granted, you'll still have squabbles now and then (like when he won't smile for the damn family pictures), but for the most part, it's nice.
But when you're married to the wrong person, there's no security in it. It will devolve into either a gory battle scene, or one of quiet indifference, which in some ways is worse. It means you're past the point of caring, you're no longer sticking up for yourself and demanding the love and respect you deserve. You've resigned yourself.
And you want to bring a child into the mix?
What is wrong with you?
You're being used. Why can't you see this?