Saturday, November 3, 2007

I'm Thankful for...Exfoliants

You look in the mirror, and you want to cry. Your skin is dull. Lifeless. Corpselike. What's a girl (or a girly man) to do?

Exfoliate, my friend!

Exfoliate? What's that?

Really? You really don't know. Do you live in a cave?

Yes, actually, I am a cave dwelling mole person.

Then this post could not have come at a better time. Cop a squat, and allow me to elucidate you.

According to Webster's, the definition of exfoliate is "to split into or give off scales, laminae, or body cells." That sounds a mite technical to this lackwit. What exfoliate means to me is scrubbing the crap out of your skin until it glows like the rising sun.

There are many ways to accomplish this. One of the more popular methods today is microdermabrasion where you basically take something that looks like a mini car buffer. It polishes your skin to a mirror shine.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hey there, good lookin'!


The product I like to use, however, is Origin's Never a Dull Moment (introduced to me by my loverly friend, Shannon).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


It contains the natural fruit enzyme Papain from crushed papaya, as well as ground apricot and mango seeds. Sounds delicious, doesn't it?

It's not.

But it is a miracle! Adds life, luster, and vitality to dreary complexions. I'd even go so far as to say it takes years off one's appearance. It has for me. Just check out this completely undoctored Before and After:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Amazing, no?

Pick some up today and try it for yourself! Tell 'em Avery sent you!

They won't know what you're talking about, but I love to mess with their minds!

24 comments:

Dapoppins said...

ooooooh

Jessica said...

hey, how do you put frames around your pictures. You are just too awesome!

Pixelation said...

What Ecksfoliant is? I'm sorry, I... I just don't understand. My skin is natural, no? Why would I add cream? What if I have to go out in public?

R said...

I make sugar scrub. Nice stuff.

You can eat that.

Marianne Arkins said...

I love Origins. I love exfoliating. I went to a spa once, a million years ago, and had a all over salt scrub. Except for the fact that I'd just shaved my legs (ow, burn, sting, ow) it was truly amazing.

Momo Fali said...

You look lovely! Much better in the after photo.

Avery Gray said...

Dapo--aaahhhh!

Jessica--if you load the photos from photobucket.com, rather than your own files, you'll get those pretty frames, too!

Pixel--what if I told you the girls would go wild over your smooth, supple skin? Ah, yeah. Now you get it!

R--mmm... Sugar scrub...

Marianne--rookie mistake. I've made it myself. It burns like a sonuva!

Momo--you really think so? It doesn't make my butt look big?

thecasualperfectionist.com said...

Wow...your 'before' and 'after' photos are just amazing! ;) I notice that you have your mouth closed in the 'after'...are you hiding those 'before' teeth?

Just kidding.

I laughed out loud when I saw C3PO. So, now my hubby knows I'm reading blogs instead of getting dinner ready. Nice goin'. :)

Jo Beaufoix said...

Hee hee, Fab post.
And the before and afters are fab.
I have to learn how to do that. :D

Nap Warden said...

I gotta check this stuff out...thanks

Lilacspecs said...

hi-larious!

oh and thanks for your feedback on the culling of readers :P

Avery Gray said...

Cas--my bad! Tell your husband the chicken was hysterical. He'll never know.

Jo--you? The Queen of Corel? You must know how to do cut and paste! (Yes, it's that easy!)

Nap--it really does do wonders!

Avery Gray said...

Lilac--you're welcome!

meleah rebeccah said...

LOL

Love the before / after pictures.

Exfoliating has been part of my daily routine since I was 29.

Now that I am in my mid thirties, I am looking into sandpaper as another option.

Dapoppins said...

okay wait, does it give you good bone structure too?

Dapoppins said...

Rachel makes her own soap too, but I have to buy mine!

Veronica said...

Ooooooh I think I need some of that stuff. Your before and after pictures have got me convinced.

Secret Agent Mama said...

It's so nice to have bloggy pals that remind you of such important things. And, it's an excuse to buy some new stuff!! I've heard great things about the ORIGINS line!

Kimberly said...

I wants some.

I hate living in the middle of nowhere, Canada. Somehow I doubt they carry that at Pharmasave.

Deb said...

Oh, hon... you're so young. Come talk to me when you're my age. By then, I'm sure they'll have found something to help with all the skin problems I'm suffering, and I'll be whining about being 47. (Sounds fun, doesn't it?)

Redneck Nerdboy! said...

Hahahaha! It's like a whole new you!

I need some for my eyebrows. They actually move on their own and growl at passersby.

:)

cate said...

i think i'm past exfoliation...i do believe i need some type of grinder or such device.

love the totally undoctored before and after shots!

Erin said...

lmao, seriously. You're too funny.

Jill said...

Wow-what a miraculous product!!! I'm going out to buy a case RIGHT NOW!