Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I'm Thankful for...Suckers!

Let it be known, Mike brought this on himself. First, by volunteering to be the cover model of my first published romance novel. Then by sending his cold germs through the interweb to me. (Rat fink!)

Well, you know me and vengeance--we go hand in hand. So I took it upon myself to do a mock-up of a few novels I've got in the works. Any of them could be bestsellers with his rippling pectorals on the cover, no?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


If this has whet your appetite for cheesy steamy romance novel covers (and how could it not?!), check out this site that Emma hepped me to. I defy you not to wet yourself with laughter! Good stuff.

Speaking of Emma, her latest post is about "Clarks" and "Bettys"--male bloggers and their female blog hags. And I hope it's not presumptuous of me, but I'd like to declare myself Mike's Betty. He's got a wicked sense of humor, and he's completely relatable. You need to check out his blog! Really.

Thanks for being such a good sport, Mike!

22 comments:

Mike said...

You all may think that Avery has photoshopped something mocking here, but that's simply not true. These are actual photos of my work day.
When I'm not programming computers, I'm a Warrior Cuddler. Shirts don't fit me well.

Kimberly said...

I don't know what's more funny, your post or his comment!

Lisa said...

I just read the backlog of your entries that I'd missed over the past few days. I.. am laughing... out... LOUD. You are too much.

meleah rebeccah said...

I dont know MIKE. But these pictures are priceless....

Erin said...

Oh, my word that's hilarious!!! Love it.

Bec said...

lmao

Avery Gray said...

Mike--we all know you're God's gift to brawn. You don't have to be so smug.

Kimberly--I'm way funnier. You're just blinded by his gleaming, baby-oiled man flesh.

Lisa, Meleah, Erin, Bec--thanks, ladies! ;o)

Sheila said...

LMAO! The only guy that reads my blog (that I am aware of) is my husband. I can count on one hand the number of male blogs I read. Perhaps this ratio plays into the whole Clark/Betty equation!

R said...

How silly.

I wonder if I have a Clark. Probably JRH, but everyone would say that. JRH just rocks.

I used to read romance novels in high school. Lots of bursting manhoods.

Oh, The Joys said...

Bow chicka Mike Mike!

QZ~Ba Doozie said...

those pics are a little creepy on several levels. First of all I'm sooooo jealous of your figure. Maybe that is it? I'm jealous

Emma Sometimes said...

Mike is cracking me up. I'm going to go harass him. How many guys can pull off Savage Ravage AND Bobblehead Desires. Dude, that is talent.

Emma Sometimes said...

Thank you for the linky love.

~SMOOCHIES~

Secret Agent Mama said...

I have a couple guys who comment but no Clark yet. Or do I?

I can't wait to read Bobblehead Desires; sounds right up my ally!

Jo Beaufoix said...

You make me howl Miss Gray.

Come get your award.

newnorth said...

you two are too funny :)

Avery Gray said...

Sheila--Clarks are nice to have, but they like to drink beer and scratch themselves inappropriately. You don't want that kind of machismo messing up what you have! Your blog is so pretty!

R--bursting manhoods=ouch!

Oh--you know what I'm sayin'!

Doozer--don't be jealous! With photoshop, you too can acheive a stunning physique! (Not that you need photoshop, wench!)

Emma--please go harass him! And you're welcome, my dear!

SAM--Bobblehead Desires should be coming out in late 2027. Mark your calendars!

JoBo--thank you, darling! I accept!

Newnorth--no, you're too funny!

Josi said...

He'll never dis you again, that's to be sure :-) You're creativity knows no bounds.

Amy Turn Sharp said...

funny funny
I lerv it!
last one is best xoxo

Deb said...

Howling with inappropriate laughter over here.

Can I get a poster-sized version of that last one?

Lisa said...

Hahahaha. I have no idea who Mike is, but damn, woman, you rock my world.

cate said...

i would SO totally read those! please write them so that i can say "i knew her before she was famous!"! ;-)