Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I'm Thankful for...You

Since I started this blog a couple of months ago, I've been very fortunate to have met so many wonderful, funny, insightful, amazing people. It has been a pleasure to get to know you, through your comments and your blogs, and I hope our friendships will continue to grow in time. I'd like to thank all of you for lifting my spirits on a daily basis, for challenging and inspiring me, and for being there when I needed you most. But mostly, thanks for sharing your lives. You make the world a nicer place.

Except for Dan. But he has some good points, too.

To show my appreciation, here's a little something for all of you--my favorite stuffed mushroom recipe. Great as an appetizer. They are requested at every family function we attend. Very easy to make, so if you have some last minute grocery shopping to do for Thanksgiving, why not pick up some stuff for these bad boys? Your family and friends will thank you! Unless they're Jewish.

And not because Jewish people aren't a grateful bunch, but because these contain bacon. Geez!


Stuffed Mushrooms
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1/4 C. drained chopped olives
1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 small onion, grated
32 mushroom caps

In medium-sized bowl, mix bacon, olives, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and onion. Stuff mushrooms with mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, then broil mushrooms for 5 minutes more until done. Could be served with steak or roast beef.

Have a safe, fun, happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

15 comments:

meleah rebeccah said...

Damn those sound delicious...I think I might make those tonight.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Radioactive Jam said...

I REALLY wish I'd eaten lunch before I read this post, because now pretty much whatever I scrounge will seem inadequate.

Thanks. Thanks a LOT.

Also I'll repeat after you: have a safe, fun, happy Thanksgiving.
:)

dan leone said...

HEY!!!!!????

...and I try so hard!

Avery Gray said...

Meleah--let me know if you do! You're going to love them.

RaJ--sorry about that. But I'm sure whatever you find will be, if not as tasty, then at least less artery-clogging. Does that count for anything?

Dan--it wasn't me. It was the Sudafed talking. You know I adore you!

Rimarama said...

Mmmmm . . .bacon!

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Looking forward to more of your "rapier wit" for a long time to come!

holly said...

totally awesome. i'm always looking for something new. these look good. and i think maybe, just maybe, even i could do it. maybe.

Kimberly said...

Definitely thankful for you too. =)

Sheila said...

I am thankful I "met" you too! The mushrooms do sound good, but alas, I am alergic! Happy Thanksgiving!

Secret Agent Mama said...

Thank you, too! And, thanks, now I want to go get some mushrooms to make this for tomorrow! LOVE. Stuffed. Mushrooms.

belle said...

Yum! Will definitely be trying this out.

TheVasquez3 said...

YUMMY!! thanks!

The Lazy Iguana said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Jews can eat these mushrooms. Not all of them keep kosher you know. And there is always turkey bacon! All nice and kosher. I guess.

I can not cook just 4 strips of bacon. I have to cook the whole pound so I can eat all but 4 strips.

Ill have to steal the recipe and make those shrooms one day.

Edge said...

You reward me by giving me fungus stuffed with old plants and moldy milk ... thanks ... so much ...LOL

It's been good getting to know you and read your comments.

~Jef

terri said...

Those mushrooms look delicious and I can't wait to give that recipe a try!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

suchsimplepleasures said...

i'm jewish and...we had some mushroom caps, very similar to these, at our thanksgiving! i'm not kosher...we eat bacon every weekend :) yummy!
the house i live in was owned by orthodox jewish people...they keep kosher. all of our cabinets are labeled kosher and dairy. the first meal that we had, when we moved in was, pork loins...seriously! we thought this house needed to be de-kosherized!