Wednesday, December 5, 2007

It's Contest Time, Sweet Cheeks!

Wouldn't you know that when I declared MemeHiatus 2007!!!, I'd end up being tagged more frequently than before? It's not that I don't enjoy the occasional meme. No! It's just that I was getting tagged so often, I couldn't keep up.

And I've only been blogging a short time, but even I know a meme is really only interesting to the person doing it. For the most part, it bores the readers to tears, drives them away by the handfuls. And what are we doing this blogging thing for if not the readers? Plus, it says in the Bible a blogger's stats cannot subsist on memes alone. Don't quite recall which book, but I'm pretty sure I'm remembering it right.

Yet, here I am, in full MemeHiatus mode, and conflicted. Deeply conflicted.

I want to keep my promise to you and abstain from any form of meme until the start of 2008. For what am I without integrity?

But I also want to get the damn monkeys off my back. They have fleas and they fling their poo. And what is integrity with a poo-flinging, flea-ridden monkey on your back?

What to do? What to do?

I know! I'll have a contest! Based on the 7 Random Things Meme I've been tagged with (by six, count 'em, six lovely individuals).

Here's what we'll do:

I am going to list SIX random facts about myself and ONE falsehood. Your job is to determine what is true and what is not.

Whoever guesses correctly will have their names put in a drawing, and a winner will be chosen at random.

Want to know what you're playing for? Alright. The winner will receive their choice of $25 gift card to iTunes, Best Buy, Pier 1, Starbucks, or Target, OR may choose one of the following books from Amazon: Stephen Colbert's "I Am America (And So Can You!)" or Jon Stewart's "America (The Book) Teacher's Edition", depending on which side your bread is buttered.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


How sweet are those prizes, huh?

Well, it doesn't end there! I am hereby bestowing, on everyone who enters, the coveted "I guess your blog's not THAT bad" award. (Follow the link for instructions.)



Can this day get any better?!

No. No, it can't.

So, without further ado, I give you 6 Truths and A Lie about Avery Gray:


1) I was born in a hospital waiting room...by Cesarean.

2) I have never used an electric toothbrush for anything other than its intended purpose.

3) My timed score on Bejeweled is better than my untimed score.

4) I am a Republican, born into a family of damn dirty Democrats. (Sorry Mom and Dad. I calls 'em as I sees 'em.)

5) I was a high school Mathlete, but I was the weakest link on the team.

6) I almost died of hypothermia once in college when I was locked in a parking garage overnight and the temperature dropped below freezing.

7) I have never killed a man just to watch him die, but sometimes I'd like to.


So, there you have it! Which one's a lie? It's up to you to figure it out!

Contest runs thru Sunday, so get your entries in now!

Good luck!!

50 comments:

meleah rebeccah said...

hhmmm.... #1 and #7 seem unlikely.

(what a kick ass way to take on the meme-o-rama by adding a contest)

...you are awesome.

dawn224 said...

I vote #1

and I totally understand #7!

The Lazy Iguana said...

4. I vote 4.

Joeprah said...

Clearly it is #3 you naughty naughty girl.

What do I win again?

Jod{i} said...

Man! You are just so innovative!
I am saying number 7 but then again it doesnt say you killed anyone just that you never did, and if you never did...well it is still relevent...head hurt yet?

So ummm....I am with two. Number two.

holly said...

okay. i know you sooooo well, from following you these last hundred hours. so i'm going to say that definitively that the following are true:

1) you are allergic to hospital waiting rooms, so delivery into one would have killed you instantly.
2) there is a website www.watchaveryandhertoothbrush.com that clearly *proves* you do more than brush
3) you don't own a watch, and so could not have a timed score on bejeweled
4) democrats bathe every four hours, so your family are not dirty.
5) while it isn't true that math folks don't have a sense of humour, it is true that most non-mathers don't get it. i find you funny to a nearly criminal degree, so you *couldn't* have been the weakest link
6) hypothermia renders you unable to bear children. now, unless you stole that kid, you clearly never had hypothermia.
7) i am inigo montoya, you killed my father. since i am *not* inigo montoya, this must be the false one.

furthermore my husband said "number 7, obviously"

Marianne Arkins said...

Can I comment seven times??? Ha.

Um... Oh, the pressure... *sigh*... I must choose....

Number One.

Final Answer.

GAH!

Chuck said...

I'm going with 2. Yep, definitely 2.
The rest of them just seem so believable. :)

Chuck @ D is for Dad

Mert said...

Ooooh, this is tough! I vote for number fffff- ooooo-sssssssss.....

Number 2 is my final answer. i wish I could phone a friend ;)

Jill said...

I feel like I'm playing the "Mike Walker" game.

I'm going with #2.

missburrows said...

holly totally stole all my super funny remarks! That's not fair!

I pick secret answer #8! Ha!

Mishi @ secretagentmama.com said...

#2 is the lie. You've used that toothbrush for "other" purposes (just like I have).

BTW: Sorry I tagged ya, I forgot about the hiatus!

Erin said...

Oh, I don't know...I'd like to say #2, but #1 seems so...ummm...okay, I'm going to go with #1.

belle said...

oh oh oh, I don't know, the pressure, the pressure *final answer now please* argh arghhhh! Ok I'm going with number 3! No idea what Bejewelled is, I just picked at random. Number 3.

Mike said...

This is too easy. Number 2.

Lilacspecs said...

I'm gona go with numero uno. Way to "ER"ish to garner total belief in it. Otherwise I'd go with the hypothermia one but that's a bit too scary to be untrue.

R said...

Number six. That sounds too ridiculous. All the rest---I don't know, could have happened. I think you are lying about hypothermia. I don't know why. I feel it. But I am probably wrong, because hey, I don't know you that well.

No hypothermia.

Sheila said...

Wow, only one is not true? Um, I will say #4 is false.

Kimberly said...

I'm going to go with #2 - just because it's so fun to think up alternatives...hee hee!

Sheila said...

Sorry about that, my computer hiccuped and posted my entry 3 times!

Heather, Queen of Shake-Shake said...

#2

I haven't done a Meme in a long while. And I often wonder if these "awards" that are passed along are some type of subversive Meme that sneaks in your blog, cloaked as a "award". Hmmmm

Sugarplum's Mom said...

I say #1... I can believe you were born in the hospital waiting room, but I can't believe it was by Cesarean. If your mother was in the building I can't not fathom the staff performing surgery in the waiting room.

Sugarplum's Mom said...

Opps... i can't type either... I CAN not fathom.. yeah yeah you get the idea

Momo Fali said...

I say it's number 2. I have a feeling you use your vibrating toothbrush for the same thing I do...for scrubbing grout you sickos!

Avery Gray said...

Hmmm... Interesting.

I'm learning a lot about how all of you see me.

Keep the guesses coming!

Judy Thomas said...

This is a fun contest... let's see...
despite all the people who think differently, I've also never used an electric toothbrush for anything else (now a regular toothbrush..that's another story).
I totally understand about number three, because mine is too...I think they give you higher points or something.
Number four.. of course you are, you are obviously very intelligent ;-)
I'll take your word on number 5.. I think.
I don't believe you could have made up number six... and seven, I think anyone who's been married can identify with that at least once....

I vote for number 1. I can believe you were born in the waiting room, but I'm not sure about the Ceasarian.

Terri said...

I'm going with #2, because I just have a feeling you'd look at your husband's electric toothbrush and decide it is the perfect tool for polishing your shoes.

Emma Sometimes said...

yeah.

I say #12.

okay, #1. I don't know.....

Deb said...

#2. I KNOW you have come up with other uses.

Amy Turn Sharp said...

#1 babe?

Mya said...

Can I say all of them?

Erm...Is a mathlete what I think it is? Gosh, I really hope for your sake that one isn't true.

But, it's a no-brainer really - I plump for number 2.

Mya x

loveyh said...

I'm going with #1...I'm pretty sure I know how and when you were born. ;)

loveyh said...

Oh, and MATHLETE is EXACTLY what it sounds like. HA!

Jo Jo said...

I'm gonna go with #1 cause I've definitely never seen that on Grey's Anatomy!

Fooferoo said...

I say #6 because so far it only has one vote. I always go for the underdog. No, wait change my vote to #5 I don't think anyone picked that one. Although I could probably look up in our high school yearbook and find out that it really IS #6.

Yep I vote for #5. Underdogs rule.

See you next Thursday :)

Lis Garrett said...

Jeepers! I don't know you very well, and it breaks my heart to think you might be a Republican, but . . . I will have to guess #1.

Natalie said...

You, my dear, are proof positive that meme's CAN be interesting.

I'm guessing number two (no, that's not potty talk), because umm, why else would you put it out there?

From Here to There

Jo Beaufoix said...

I'm going with 1. Just because I can't see why they wouldn't put you in a side room for that. Or your mum. But what do know?? And I have no idea what bejewelled is either.

Pixelation said...

I'm just going to go with common sense and say No. 1 isn't true.

... :-S

M@ said...

Avery, I am an independent from a family of democrats, all of them shocked to be challenged by any heterodox idea!

M@ said...

#2

meleah rebeccah said...

HOLLY's comment is CRAZY good...whoa....she REALLY knows you (I feel like I KNOW YOU better from HER comment!!)

Leslie said...

Totally not reading the comments so that I can guess #2 with impunity. :) See you on the Buzz.

Lizzi said...

I vote #2 for the falsehood! And, boy oh boy, does Holly really know you well or what?! ;)

Jod{i} said...

Can I change it?
Cause I am thinking 6, dunno why it came to me in a dream(and no we wont go there why I dreamt about you...)

Six and its my final answer!

BTW:
Thank you for your comment. You said it PERFECTLY!(At my blog)

piper of love said...

#2 is such a lie!!

I'm the game now sister, I love my Avery friend! And, I'm a Meme-er no more as well!

You are awesome!! ~xo~

Doozie said...

number 2 is totally false, and I can't wait to hear what kinda weird stuff you've done with the toothbrush ;)

suchsimplepleasures said...

i'm going to go with number 5 because...no one else did! and...i dare to be different!

Stephen said...

#1. And thought I'd love to have the Steven Colbert book, I'd be happy just to have the award; (sad violins) I've never won one before, and I don't think my blog is THAT bad. :)

thecasualperfectionist.com said...

Hmmm...I vote for #1. I would believe that you could be born in a waiting room (or parking lot, or on the side of the road), but the c-section part makes me question the validity of the it. That's my vote! :)