Wednesday, January 16, 2008

100th Post!

Yes, today is a momentous occasion. For absolutely no one but me.

It's my 100th post!

*one person slow claps*

Thank you. Thank you. You're too kind.

I'm not going to ask if you can believe it. It would have been more shocking if I hadn't made it this far, knowing how much I love the gab. It's funny to think that it almost never happened.

I never planned on starting a blog. I never thought to myself, "Self, you are too funny, insightful, and/or informational not to express yourself in an easily accessible electronic format on a regular basis."

No, it was more like, "Hey, Dapoppins told me to start a blog. I better do it. She has ninja-like reflexes and bouts of uncontrollable rage. Plus, they only found an arm bone from the body of the last person who crossed her."

And thus The Blog was born on September 29, 2007.

Do you remember where you were?

George W. Bush was the President then, and we were at war. So long ago...

Here's a look back at some of the more memorable times:


September

A grand total of one post. It was a music video--Kate Nash, "Foundations". Mostly I just needed something up while I worked on my template. No offense to you, Kate. I really do like your song. And yours was, by default, this month's most popular post.



October


Ah, yes. This was when it really began...to go downhill. Animal abuse, racist rants, word annihilation. Even a list of my most controversial beliefs. It's like I was begging for an ass kicking that never came.

But what disappointed me most about the month of October was that NO ONE asked me to share the story about the time my brother purposefully cut off his own finger.

On purpose.

Meant to do it.

Doesn't anyone want to know the story?

Anyone?

Last chance, people. If you don't ask me this time, it's going in the vault forever and will never see the light of day. Last warning.

My most popular post this month: "For Ethan". One of the few serious posts I've done on this blog, and the one that has the most meaning to me of all of them.



November

Ugh. Couldn't we all just forget the month of NaBloPoMo? Yes, I posted every day. But what did I say, really? I haven't the foggiest. It all sort of ran together.

I vaguely remember something about "Brits", though why they're in quotes I can't recall. This was also the month "Ham Diapers" and window licking came in vogue.

Most popular blog post this month: it was a tie between the one where I unleashed my snark on my husband--"I'm Thankful for...Revenge"--and one where I blasted a "relationship expert"--"I'm Thankful for...Perceptiveness." Apparently I'm bitter. Or something.



December

The month started out with a consumer high as I landed a much-coveted Wii, but was quickly overshadowed by the evils that men do...with eggs. Or egg, singular. (Who'd have thought that would become one of my most popular page visits?) I got baked with some blogger buddies, co-conspired on the tasing of my husband, and likely made some mortal enemies.

Heck, all in a month's work.

Most popular post this month: "It's Contest Time, Sweet Cheeks!" I'm still getting hits on it. The contest is over, people. Let's move on.



January

January marked the end of MemeHiatus 2007!!! And wouldn't you know Holly broke me back in the hard way with the longest meme known to man. Lovey and I celebrated her 30th birthday in style, and a crazy woman sent a tornado to rid me of my beautiful cobblestone edgers.

The battle between the Choconots and the Frenemies appears to be at a standstill as negotiations between both camps are being hashed out. It seems many Choconots may be conducive to the idea of forsaking chocolate for the month of February if a number of Frenemies are willing to work out at least 3 times a week. I've already signed on for that. Any other Frenemies out there willing to give it a go?

Most popular post this month: "I Heart Mike..." Thanks to the droves of looky-loos coming from his blog. Mike is one popular guy.


So, there you have it. My greatest blog hits.

Hope you've enjoyed the ride as much as I have.

Here's to another 100!

30 comments:

Rima said...

Congratulations, Avery!

It seems like I've known you forever, and I mean that in the best possible way.

I just realized that I'm one post away from number 100 myself. What a cute ko-inky-dink!

The Casual Perfectionist said...

Yea!! *Claps a little faster than that other person*

"100 Avery's posts on a blog! 100 Avery's posts! Take one..." Wait...that song goes the wrong way and doesn't suit my purposes at all.

Anyway, congrats!!

holly said...

yyyyyaaaaayyyy! well the first 100 were brilliant!

"happy 100 posts to you. happy 100 posts to you! happy 100 posts dear avery, happy 100 posts to you. and many more...."

i'm 6 behind you!

missburrows said...

Wow, Avery, you don't look a day over 23 posts! What is your secret?

terri said...

100th post! Congrats! I think this calls for a round of chocolate.

meleah rebeccah said...

WOOT!!!! Nicely done Avery.

Looking forward to he next 1,000,000.

xxoo

Dapoppins said...

I can't believe your at 100. Did I tell you how long it took me to reach 100? I mean, come on. You took to blogging the way women with children take to chocolate, the way...I can't think of anything else. Kids keep yelling at me. Somthing about: I am hungry.

Groovy Mom said...

Congrats on your 100th post! September is when I killed my old blog, and you're one of the people who made me want to blog again. Too much fun to stay away.

Thalia's Child said...

Yay!!! Congrats.

And yes, I would like to know why your brother purposely cut off his own finger. I'm immensely curious, actually.

The Lazy Iguana said...

I SO have the best Indian Call Center video that I will post on my blog for tomorrow.

And to sweeten the deal, the video is another FOAMY THE SQUIRREL creation! So there you go! An angry squirrel AND and Indian call center in the same creation! Who could ask for more?

Mike said...

I was that one person slow clapping. It's just how I clap.

And, as for your brother, if he hadn't cut it off, I swear I would have cut it off for him. Dude deserved it.

Pixelation said...

Congrats on numero 100.

I think I'm passing post number 1000 this month, but I can't tell: I purposely mess with my archives just in case anyone starts snooping around.

Eventually I want to add posts all the way back to the day I was born. I bet that'd really throw people off.

So yeah. Congratulations. And please: tell us about your brother's finger.

Fooferoo said...

I'm at about 95 so even though your blog is about 5 months younger than mine you beat me to 100...darn you and your squirrels. If you read my blog today I had my own squirrel incident.

Keep up the good work.

sybil law said...

Congratulations!
I don't even know how many blogs I've posted.
Hmmm...
But still - that's awesome!

Avery Gray said...

Rima--that's kismet, my dear! Thanks for sticking around!

Momma--it's the thought that counts. ;o) Thanks, buddy!

Holly--and those 6 are going to blow me away. I feel it in my bones!

Miss Burrows--why, thank you! You'll find the answer to that in a November post titled "I'm Thankful for...Exfoliants."

Terri--I'm buying! Open chocolate bar!

Meleah--*gulp* That's a lotta posts! ;o) Thanks, dearie!

Dapo--you callin' me wordy?

Groovy--that is the best compliment ever! Glad you're back.

Thalia's--you asked, and I shall tell! Stay tuned. ;o)

Ig--I'll be looking forward to that.

Mike--I never knew things between you and my brother were so tense. I'm glad you're not holding it against me.

Pixel--thanks, my friend! I will certainly tell you about my brother's finger. Thanks for asking! ;o)

Foof--sorry. I'm falling way behind in my blog reading. I swear I will get to it!

Sybil--thanks, my fellow chocolate warrior!

Lis Garrett said...

Congratulations! May you have hundreds more . . .

Immoral Matriarch said...

Congratumalations.
I was the singular clapper and I'm proud.

Edge said...

So where are your 100 things about you post for the 100th?

~Jef

Caffeine Court said...

Congratulations-it's been a fabulous journey.

I'd give you a celebratory boob flash if I could!

Huckdoll said...

Congrats on 100 posts, girl!! I'm so glad that I found your blog - looking forward to reading hundreds more.

Also, thanks for the awesome comment on About A Girl...you know, you REALLY KNOW!

mielikki said...

yay for 100 posts. Half the time I sit down to blog I have no clue what's going to come out. . . it's more fun that way. ;)

Natalie said...

100 posts means you have to do the 100 things meme. GET. ON. IT.

Pretty please?

Kimberly said...

I hit 350 yesterday.

Neener neener nee...umm...I mean...congrats. Yeah. Congrats.

R said...

Good for you. I am near five hundred, I think. I don't know. I used to blog a ton.

You blog a ton, girly.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Congrats Miss Avery. I'm so glad Dap poppins threatened you into blogging. She is a wise woman. Here's to the next 100 posts. Hic hic. That will be the grapes. :D

Avery Gray said...

Lis--thank you, my dear!

Immoral--hey, now there's two of you claiming that! Were you in sync?

Jef--look up.

Jill--man, I'd pay to see that! Shake it, girl!

Huckdoll--so glad I found yours, too! And I know. Oh, I KNOW!

Mielikki--that's the beauty of blogging. It doesn't have to be good OR make sense! I know there are a lot of times I don't do either.

Natalie--done. Check it out.

Kimberly--alright, you prolific blogger, you!

R--Five hundred? That could take me, like, a year! ;o)

Jo--you party animal! Thanks, babe!

Stephen said...

w00t! Happy blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

phentermine pharmacy buy phentermine online new zealand - order phentermine online mastercard

Anonymous said...

phentermine withdrawal symptoms safe buy phentermine online - how buy phentermine online real

Anonymous said...

phentermine without prescription phentermine online mexico - online pharmacy to buy phentermine