Friday, January 11, 2008

Unnatural Disasters

Kinda got off track yesterday with the tornado and all.

Rude!

I'm sure lots of you from the Midwest are rolling your eyes. The twister was an EF1, 90 to 110 mph winds. For you, that's probably kite flying weather.

Photobucket

Hey, give us a break. We don't see this sorta thing often.

Earthquakes? Yes.

Floods? You betcha.

But tornadoes? Not in the past 36 years. I've never even seen a funnel cloud until yesterday.

But the damage was comparatively minimal. Lots of trees fell into homes, lots of clean-up to be done, but no one was hurt, thank God.

Photobucket

So, for most of us it's back to the grind.

I was going to tell you that all of my cobblestones are present and accounted for after my mysterious encounter with the crazy lady, but I completely forgot in all the excitement.

Photobucket

(See? There they are!)

I now have a sneaking suspicion that she owns some sort of weather-control device, and sent the winds of vengeance down on my 'hood. Except she's old and has bad aim, so they actually didn't touch down on our house, but ended about a quarter of a mile away.

I shudder to think what she might have in store for us next.

A downpour of frogs?

That would just be gross.

17 comments:

Edge said...

Tornadoes are tornadoes no matter how strong and I live around tornado alley.

~Jef

Rima said...

Glad you're OK, Dorothy.

Huckdoll said...

Your landscape is lovely!!! I've never experienced a tornado. The worst we get in Vancouver is rain mixed with snow fourteen days solid :P

Misssy M said...

Yeah, but where did you get them? Where? Ya sure? Yeah? Really? You'd stake your life on that?

Nah...I need proof. A receipt maybe. Or DNA evidence.

Sugarplum's Mom said...

oh very nice yard... my husband would love it... except that we have this awful thing about not doing yardwork and it wouldn't be pretty for very long.

Momo Fali said...

I'd be worrying about locusts if I were you.

Immoral Matriarch said...

I love frogs! *lol*
Cute cobblestones. :p

Groovy Mom said...

Those are some nice looking cobblestones. Are you sure you got them at Home Depot? ;-)

Sheila said...

Holy Crap! Glad to see that you are all OK!

Heather, Queen of Shake-Shake said...

Scary! I'm glad it wasn't that bad...still scary though.

What is with that crazy woman and your stones?

Fooferoo said...

Nice yard, when you remember where you stole, I mean bought, those rocks from can you come landscape my house? We can kidnap Lovey, sit in my driveway drinking Margaritas (or lemonade) and make all 5 kids earn their bread and water!


PS I only count 105 cobblestones.

R said...

nice cobblestones. Where'd you get em?

Avery Gray said...

Jef--they are scary! And amazing how destructive even the smallest ones can be!

Rima--thanks, Auntie Rim!

Huckdoll--thank you! And hello from the other Vancouver!

Misssy--oh, I got your DNA evidence right here!

Sugarplum--I did all the work getting it to look that way, I figure it's my husband's job to keep it up! ;o)

Momo--well, a plague of locusts might be a little much. We're not talking about the end times here!

Immoral--yes, but do you love their little guts splattered everywhere? I don't think I'd like that much.

Groovy--uh, yeah? I mean hell yes!

Sheila--thanks! And how are you?

Heather--heck if I know. I still have no clue what she's about. But I have uncovered her name. So, that's something.

Foof--nice try.

R--from the neighbo--uh, I mean Home Depot. Yeah, Home Depot.

Stephen said...

Glad you're OK...and the cobblestones are still there.

loveyh said...

Kidnap me? Can I take a nap?

Deb said...

I'm glad you and your cobblestones are intact.

dawn224 said...

you could throw cobblestones at the frogs...