Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Rock On, Man!

You know, I pick the worst times to get sick. Why is that?

The weather in the Pacific Northwest is glorious. There's something bright in the sky that is emitting rays of light and warmth. I am told it is called "the sun" in scientific circles.

(Seriously, a giant ball of burning gas in outer space? Sounds more like science fiction to me.)

But whatever it is, it's awesome. Or so I imagine. I'm too busy being a gooey ball of phlegm to know for sure. Seems great from a distance though.

My husband, you know the one, felt bad that I was stuck inside while he and the boy frolicked in the "sunshine". His solution?

He bought me--*cough himself cough*--Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock for the Wii this weekend.

I have to admit, it is a lot of fun. Maybe not all that romantic, but anyone who knows me could tell you the one thing I love more than mushy stuff is fun stuff.

So, he is hereby absolved of his earlier crime of negligence. Plus, he felt really bad about not getting me anything for Valentine's Day (read--he knows I blog, and he can put two and two together). That's not to say that I won't be taking the advice of more than 70% of the poll takers and buying myself something nice anyhow. I mean, who's to say he didn't buy it as an early Saint Patrick's Day gift and not a late Valentine's gift? Certainly not me.

But today, I and my lovely friend, Lovey, will be embroiled in a rock battle the likes of which has never been seen. I, with my Cream tribute band, Half-&-Half, and she, with her alternachick indie pop funk duo, Juggz*, will be laying down sweet riffs and pickin' up love diseases from stoned groupies.

No, wait. That's not right.

Whatever. Let the rockin' commence.

22 comments:

Natalie said...

Do you know how badly I want a Wii? Well if you don't: I WANT A WII REALLY REALLY BADLY. I mean, it's like exercise and fun rolled up into one neat little package. I am convinced that if I had accepted your offer of lucky socks before the holidays, I would have won that Wii I was a'covetin'.

CamiKaos said...

cough cough cough.

sniffle

achoo...

that achoo was Mr. Kaos. I swear it's the "sun" that caused out colds... we didn't get sick until it showed up.

Edge said...

I have wondered if GH was good being a guitar player. I wonder if it's like playing a real guitar.

~Jef

Maria said...

Best present ever!!

Caffeine Court said...

Rock on dudette!

I want GH for my Wii!!! I wanna be cool like you!

Rima said...

Dude. Wii-ing it up with a friend while hubs entertains the kid outdoors? That's what I call a vacation!

Hope you feel better soon, though.

Dapoppins said...

You have all the best toys at your house.

CrankMama said...

The sun HAS been glorious. So sorry you've missed it but that battle sounds fantastic!

Will there be any video footage?

terri said...

SWEET! Guitar Hero III is the best!You should sort of forgive him now.

Flip Flop Momma said...

i want guitar hero...

FUN-ky Mama said...

half & half! I'm ROFL over here!!

lilacspecs said...

My brother had that for his X Box and dude, it was HARD. You'll be developing mad skillz.

meleah rebeccah said...

Fun stuff always trumps mushy stuff. Good. Now we dont have to come after him with pitch forks and torches!

sybil law said...

I am pretty sure that if you catch crabs your cold won't bother you so much!
I wish we had sun. We got 2 inches of snow last night - more to come!
Have fun rocking out with your cock out! Or... Jugz... out...
You know what I mean. :)

Groovy Mom said...

Hey my husband bought me *cough himself cough* Guitar Hero II for my 40th birthday. (Well that and a cowbell). How cool is that? LOL!

And at least you had an excuse to miss the sunshine. The sun was shining and I still sat holed up in my dark bedroom in front of the computer all day every day. :-P

holly said...

i'm so sorry. i'm on e for empty. i love the thought of your rocking. and that's all i got. i want to sleep. i owe you a good comment.

wait. you rock. so your rocking must surely follow? no that is so stoopid. unless someone else said it, then it's great. but i doubt they did. i'll check.
no. no one did. so it's stoopid. g'night.

Kristyn said...

Sorry to hear you're sick, hope you feel better soon! Guitar Hero! Ooh, sounds like fun! Distracting, but fun, but hey, when you're sick you deserve a little distraction!

Dapoppins said...

What does groovy need a cow bell for?

Rima said...

I always get a little snicker out of "sputum." In fact, sputum, scrotum, and smegma are my snicker trifecta.

Hope you feel better soon!

Rima said...

OK, I just left that last comment on the WRONG POST!!! That's what a bottle of Rhone red with dinner will do to ya.

Sorry, my bad. ;)

Groovy Mom said...

Poppins, you do not seriously think a mom can be groovy without one, do you?

Joeprah said...

Great, great game! I love it except when I stop playing and the room seems to be scrolling.