Friday, March 7, 2008

Blog Blues

I asked my husband what's funnier to kick than a hobo. He said, "I don't know," but he said it a la Napoleon Dynamite, so it cracked me up.

The only thing I could think of was a mime.

Man, I hate those guys.

But upon reflection, I now think hobo-kicking and mime-kicking to be unilaterally side-splitting. Which is to say, not very.

I'm in a lull. My brain is fried from the big secret project Lovey and I are working on (I'll give you a hint: I found a cable, and it weren't no $10, you lying liars!), so The Funny has become a casualty.

Ever try forcing The Funny?

Yeah, it doesn't work so well.

I saw SNL in the 90's. I know.

So, I'm not even going to try. Instead, I'll be holed up in my husband's office all day trying to figure out a certain program on his iMac--*cough iMovie cough*--and giving myself an aneurysm in the process.

Yee-haw.

Do me a favor, though?

If I bite it today, working tirelessly to bring you a finely crafted epic of YouTube proportions, would you mind remembering me as I was? You know, before I lost The Funny?

That's all I ask.

Well, that, and that my boobs live on in infamy. But that's kind of a given.

They are spectacular.

12 comments:

The Immoral Matriarch said...

Pfft!
Like you could EVER lose the funny.

Edge said...

You can call me a liar if you want. I've already been called a stalker this week so it's just another notch on the belt for me.

When you force funny it becomes Carrot Top.

~Jef

Nan said...

Must be the moon, or the leap year, or something. This was not a funny week. Here's to NEXT WEEK!

meleah rebeccah said...

Ever try forcing The Funny?

Yeah, it doesn't work so well.

I saw SNL in the 90's. I know.

AHHAHHAHAHA HAAA HAAAAH AAAA


Oh man....you are GOING to LOVE iMovie. It is the ONLY program I use to create all the videos I have made over the last few years.

IT ROCKS.

missburrows said...

Let me know when the funny starts. Ok? I've been waiting ages for it.

terri said...

I've seen pictures of your husband. He looks SO serious. So, put the pictures together with the Napolean Dynamite voice and you've ACHIEVED funny!

Doozie said...

In addition to your other thoughts....THERE IS HELP FOR THE VOICE IMODULATED!!!!
call me and I will give you a free tutorial of our new program that helps free you from this awful disease.

and ps....yes i'm nuts

Natalie said...

You're still funny when you've lost the funny. Don't worry about it, even bloggers get the blues. Ooh, yes, that was really lame.

As for me, it seems I've lost the ability to give good comment.

holly said...

i don't want you to bite it.

but if you DO, wow will my ebay sales of your sweater puppy pics go through the roof. you know, things increasing in value posthumously?

don't die.

but if you do, i'm rich.

i'm just saying.

no, i didn't spike your drink.

i love you for your funny bone.

Daryl E said...

Good luck with cough iMovie cough .. I consider myself Mac savvy and it totally stumped me .. Funny I will never be .. and my boobs totally unmemorable... good luck!

Dapoppins said...

I don't know. I think squirrel kicking is pretty funny.

Jo Beaufoix said...

I bet even your big toe is funny.