I took the voting buttons for the Blogger's Choice awards down because I was under the impression that voting was over. Which I thought was weird, because how can you decide less than two months into the year what your favorite humor blog, best blog about stuff, and hottest mommy blogger of 2008--*cough Avery Gray at averygrayday.blogspot.com cough*--will be?
As it turns out, you can't. Hence why the buttons have mysteriously returned to my sidebar.
Now, I'm not going to beg for your votes. I appreciate those who have voted already, and my only goal has been met--get more than zero votes.
As Holly would say, Result!
But if you feel a burning desire to declare your love for me to the world, and you would like to do so in the form of a vote for my blog, well, I certainly won't stop you. I won't even hinder you. I might even clear a path through the throngs of my admirers for you.
It's the least I could do.
But I won't do the voting for you. I'm pretty sure that crosses some sort of line and is frowned upon. And if there's one thing I don't like to be, it's frowned upon.
Smirked upon? Fine.
Grimaced upon? Bring it.
Frowned upon? Nooooo!
So, you'll just have to vote yourself. Okay?
On to the business of the day.
My lovely new blogger buddy, GoneBackSouth, has tagged me for a 6 random things meme. Now, I've done random thing memes in the past, but my life just happens to be filled with random, inconsequential minutiae--it's why I blog--so I think I can come up with something fresh.
1) I buy Bounty paper towels for their absorbency and strength.
2) My only claim to fame is that my cousin is the drummer for Journey (not the original, but the current line-up that tours county fairs), but I think it pales in comparison to my husband's, who, while working at a Portland area Burger King as a teenager, served Tom Petty and Bob Dylan in the drive thru.
3) I slept on bamboo sheets last night, and they were quite comfy.
4) Unless they're crawling on me, spiders don't bother me, but I have an irrational fear of moths. I almost drove off the road when a huge one flew in my car window one night. Since then, I only roll my windows down during the day.
5) I can't stand Dora the Explorer. She's bossy, and her voice is like nails on a chalkboard (which I use only as an expression because the sound of nails on an actual chalkboard doesn't bother me).
6) I'm a Gemini, the sign of the twins.
Well, there you have it. Six things you never needed to know about me, but are ever so glad you do.
So, hows about it? Anyone else want to play along?