Monday, June 2, 2008

You Caught Me

Clever Miss B. She let the cat out of the bag. I probably wouldn't even have mentioned anything, but you know it's bad luck to have an unbagged cat just wandering around your blog. So, yes, I'll admit it...

Yesterday was my birthday, and I am now officially on the after-30 downhill slide.

Crap.

I was hoping maybe no one would notice. Maybe I could go on in Blogland being youthful and spry and thirty forever. But, no. Someone had to go and be resourceful.

Darn you, Burrows, and your well-organized flash cards o' personal information.

(Who does that, really? I mean seriously...)

Okay, I'm not mad. And I probably would have mentioned it anyhow, because I wanted to thank Dapoppins for watching Ethan for us Saturday night so we could go out to dinner and a movie (Iron Man, good). And my buddy Meghan, who doesn't blog, but reads mine and NEVER comments, for hand delivering some beautiful yellow hybrid lilies. And my husband, who, despite getting me nothing, refused to be one-upped by Meghan (not hard to one-up a big, fat goose egg, dear), hand picked one of my own roses off the trellis.

Aw, shucks. You shouldn't have. Really. But considering you spent $6,000 on my present last year, I'm gonna let it slide. Just this once.

Heck, at least it wasn't an alternator or something.

So, yes, I'm old now. Go ahead and let me have it. Just, uh, use caps lock, would ya? My eyesight ain't what it used to be.

You know, before yesterday and all.

19 comments:

meleah rebeccah said...

Welcome to your 30's!

Happy Birthday Darling!

xxoo

Janie said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Avery! God bless this new season (
my thirties) of your life!

Erin said...

Well, happy belated birthday. Hope this is a grand year for you!

Rick Baker said...

Happy Birthday, Avery!

I actually hated turning 30. I'm not sure why. It just felt like my youth was gone. My wife sent a grim reaper to my office to send out a loud announcement about it. It was rather embarrassing. 31, 32, etc., even turning 40 didn't bother me in the least. My wife hated turning 40. Needless to say, I sent the grim reaper to her 40th birthday party. Paybacks are hell. :-)

Rima said...

Happy belated b-day, Lady Gray!

Thirty? Pshaw! You're a spring chicken.

Avery Gray said...

Thanks, guys! But 30 was last year. I'm a ripe old 31 now.

Probably wasn't clear, but I don't mind y'all thinking I'm thirty for one more year. In fact, I encourage it!

Immoral Matriarch said...

Happy Belated Avery! Hope it was a good one!

Caffeine Court said...

Hello there birthday girl! It's the ghost of blogging past, floating in to wish you all the best...

I've missed you!

lilacspecs said...

Happy Birthday old woman!

holly said...

31. child! wee bairn! i'm getting within a stone's throw of 40! mind if i hang back with you on the 30 side? oh come on! no really please? i promise not to whine!!!

holly said...

much...

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Happy Birthday! I'm older than you.

Mike said...

HAH! YOU'RE OLD!

GOOD GOD, KILL ME IF I EVER GET THAT OLD.

R said...

I dread this.

Jodi said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday! Your husband and mine should be in a shitty present givers club. I didn't get a damn thing for Mother's Day! WTF?? Oh he has learned his lesson or else next year he will lose a limb. LOL

meleah rebeccah said...

Oh to be 31 again!

Jo Beaufoix said...

Oi lady, I'm 33. Watch it with the old stuff. ;)
Happy Birthday babe. Hope you had lots of fabulous gorgeous and chocolatey things. Kisses.

Bee Repartee said...

holy crap!

This looks so more amazing than Britney passing a sobriety test!

Seriously. You did SO good!